Sunday, March 30, 2014

Home Sweet Home!






Operation Help Get Jessie Home!!!

Hello family and friends! As always, I pray that you are doing well, and that you are enjoying the season of life God has you in. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such incredible people all over the world!
For the past year and a half I have been working with C3 Church in Auckland, NZ. Here is a quick update on what God has been doing on this side of the world:
            
             South Primal: I have been pastoring a group called South Primal in South Auckland. This is usually known as an underprivileged area in which the youth are raised in much more difficult environments. Many are from foster homes, involved in gangs, raising themselves as well as their siblings, and almost all have been abused or sexually abused in some way. Since I have been here we have seen one youth after another come to know Christ and start making steps to having More To Life. As a church we have grown out of our building and will be moving to a new building in only 6 weeks! So exciting to see His kingdom increasing! I could spend pages just writing about the many testimonies we have seen, but in attempts to keep this short I will encourage you to continue following my blog: http://jessie-vs-nz.blogspot.co.nz/. Not only do we help them spiritually, but also provide food packages, daily hygienic needs, help them to get the driver’s license, help with studies, provide training to develop their talents (musical instruments, dance, spoken word, song writing, etc) and any other area in their lives possible.
2.       
              C3 Leadership College: I also serve as the C3 Leadership College Program Director. This is dedicated to training up young adults for ministry. They are trained teaching as well as practical application. The students travel the country with our Undefeated Tour (see www.undefeated.co.nz  for more information) going to high schools as well as going to the streets to reach teenagers that face depression and to combat the high level of suicide seen throughout the entire country.  Many of these students step out to plant youth ministries, and over the years there have been many that have become pastors that are still maintaining ministries around NZ. Our goal is to empower them to fulfill the purpose and call God has placed on their lives and set them up for success in pursuing that call.

I remember the day I was called to NZ at the age of eight as if it were yesterday! Now that I am actually living that call it almost feels as if I am living in a dream land. While it is a gorgeous country full of incredible people it does not mean that the transition to another country has been easy. Every day I find myself missing my family and friends that played such a crucial role in my life for so many years. No one can ever take the place of family in your heart no matter where you are in the world. Some months are easier than others. The moments I see youth make a decision for Christ, get baptized and get set free make my heart overwhelmed with joy! However, there are times that I would love nothing more than just to spend one evening with loved ones, and being in a country with the things that are “normal” to me.

I miss my family and doing my best to raise money to get home and see them! I would like to extend an opportunity to help continue supporting the work God is doing in NZ, but also to help me come home! It costs $2500 every time I want to come home to see friends and family. It has now been a year and I desperately want and need to come home to the support and love of those surrounding me in America. My goal is to get home for June to help with our Giant VBS (nothing beats seeing thousands of kids come to know Jesus)! If you are led to join me by financially supporting this mission, it will allow helping ministries in the States as well as having time with all of you! To make it as easy as possible I have included information on how to give into this ministry. I would greatly appreciate any level of support you are able to offer.

Ways to contribute financially:

All donations should be made payable to the Knoxville Christian Center designated to Jessie Jenkins’ New Zealand missions trip. You will be eligible to receive tax credit with any donation given.

To pay by check:

Checks must be made payable to the Knoxville Christian Center designated to Jessie Jenkins’ New Zealand mission’s trip.

Mail to:
Knoxville Christian Center
P.O. Box 50490
Knoxville, TN 37950

To pay by credit:

Contact the Knoxville Christian Center office and have credit card number available. Or fill out the form provided below.  Information can be taken over the phone @ 865-690-0855.

To pay cash:

Cash may be designated to Jessie Jenkins’ New Zealand mission’s trip and mailed or brought to the Knoxville Christian Center office.

Mail to:
Knoxville Christian Center
P.O. Box 50490

Knoxville, TN 37950


No comments:

Post a Comment