Wednesday, September 3, 2014

To America and Back Again!

I have not taken time to blog since I returned from my trip to America. It seems that trying to catch up on 6 weeks’ worth of work can be quite a daunting task. I feel I have not stopped since the moment I landed back in Auckland.

My trip home was beyond any expectation I could have ever had. To spend quality time with my family is exactly what I needed! There is nothing like the hug of a mother and siblings! This is something I have only come to know the true value of since moving to New Zealand. If there is anything I have learned in this calling the Kiwiland it is that my family is a precious gift. Not only did I get time with my family, but my best friend Nikki! Only God orchestrate my calling allowing me to see my best friend more in two years than the previous ten! I love that He takes care me to the very smallest of detail.

Upon my return I definitely had hesitations. In no way did I want to leave my family so soon especially knowing just how long a year is apart from them! The entire journey home (the unbelievably and ridiculously long journey) I was holding back the tears as I kept imagining those last few moments in the airport over and over in my mind. Never in a million years would I have thought this calling would be so hard.

However, the moment came when I arrived at the Auckland airport to friendly smiles and loving embraces of those God has placed in my life on the other side of the world. I immediately felt like I was in my second home and ready for the journey ahead of me. I was ready to pick up right where I left off!
South Primal (A.K.A Soufies)
 The following day I was overwhelmed with the love of my Soufies (the term for youth in South Primal) who excitedly awaited my return. I was reunited with my babies! Such beautiful, talented, and passionate youth that continually blow me away with their capacity for love and generosity.  Never, in all my years of ministry, have I seen youth come so far so quickly.

Just in the last 4 weeks South Primal (C3 South Centre’s youth ministry) has seen over 40 salvations! That’s just the tip of the iceberg! Every week my heart is moved as I watch our youth come expectant for God to move in their lives. From the moment our services start they are fully engaged! The room fills up with laughter and joy as we dance together, worship together, and seek the Lord together. Each week they enter into worship without having to be encouraged. As soon as we begin to walk up to the mic they begin to spread throughout the room to find a space that they can get focused on God and get lost in His presence. And to top it all off, they have servant hearts like no other! Always asking and longing to get involved and do an incredible job at making every week run smoothly and efficiently.

2014 C3 LEADERSHIP COLLEGE
Upon my return I was officially placed over C3 Leadership College. We currently have 14 incredible students being trained in youth and young adult ministries. Each one of them brings a different but incredible dynamic to ministry. Four of these are youth that have come out of South Primal. We have hopes to plant two new South Primal campuses in Papakura and Pukekohe. We have kids wanting to come that we do not have the ability to transport so we are going to them! My heart leaps with joy every time I think about the future of South Primal. There are many visions God has laid on my heart and we are slowly seeing them unfold.

2014 UNDEFEATED TOUR
We are in the middle of our UNDEFEATED Tour. We have been in six high schools over the last week, and going to the South Island next week to go into another four for our Christchurch tour. It has been incredible to watch the response of the schools as we bring a message of hope and purpose using creative arts to present a relevant message to the youth of NZ. After losing one of my South Primal youth to suicide 5 months ago I have become more passionate this tour than. The youth of NZ are desperate for a since of purpose and hope, but also a since that someone cares and someone wants them. We are allowed to promote Primal Youth (each C3 Church in NZ has a Primal that runs as its youth ministry), and do a large evangelistic service at the end of the tours to lead these youth to Christ! We are doing our best to make a stand against the astronomical rate of suicide that this country faces.

Our Boy George Maoate RIP
God has also blessed me with the honor and privilege of speaking in many different place including Everywomans Conference, Impact Youth Conference in Tauranga, and even being one of the presenters in the high schools for the Undefeated Tour. The more I do ministry the more I understand the honor that God is trusting me with His children. It is not something I take lightly. I, at times, still can't believe that He has chosen to use me to do His work.  


To sum it all up, we are VERY busy building God’s kingdom here in NZ! I love being surrounded by people that have a heart to GO! While we may not do everything right we are certainly doing everything within our ability to make a difference throughout the nation of New Zealand.

Please to continue to keep me and the team in your prayers. We have many battles that we are up against. I am continually grateful all that support me through this journey of following the call of God on my life. You are responsible for helping to build God's kingdom on the other side of the world!  

No comments:

Post a Comment