Tuesday, March 20, 2012

32 First Time Salvation Ain't Too Shabby!

It is currently 3:00am NZ time and I can't sleep so figured I would update my blog!

Just when I thought it couldn't get better than launching a Primal in Hamilton, NZ God comes and shows it up! We left late afternoon Tues of last week and headed towards Taupo, NZ. It is amazing how every where I go in NZ has a completely different terrain and totally different vibe. The lake in Taupo is a crater from one of the world's five largest volcanos and the mountains reflect off the clear blue water making it a breath taking site. Wed. morning we visited a nearby high school to do a pancake breakfast as the kids came into school and invited them to Primal later that week. I was amazed at how we were allowed onto the school campus to invite kids to church! This is a goal of mine when I get back to the States! Yes, I do believe in miracles! Ha! We then packed up and headed to Palmerston North where we were launching a new youth ministry to run with the recently planted C3 church for that area.

I have to admit that it was not my favorite of cities, but as I began to see God move it grew on me. We set up at different areas Wed and Thurs doing BBQs and learning where the local hang outs were. I had the privilege of connecting with a girl named Samantha who was more than welcome to give me all the info on the area. I ran into a group of kids who seemed to fit the "emo" category. As I talked with them I realized that they had just left a funeral of a friend who had committed suicide earlier that week. I have since learned that NZ has the highest suicide rate in the world and that this city was one of the highest in NZ.

That night we had 85 kids show up and 20 first time Salvations. Several kids walked out as worship began so I ran out after them. We talked for a while and they said, "Jesus just isn't our thing." I talked with them for about thirty minutes and learned that they felt Jesus was the ultimate illusionist and just tricked everyone into believing He did miracles...haven't heard that one before. Their names were Jake and Kam. I was not able to lead them to the Lord but I know that seeds were planted in that conversation and have continued to pray for them ever since. I would love for you to be in agreement with me that they will come to know Christ and not end up like their friend who committed suicide. I know God is going to do big things through the C3 crew in Palmerston North!

Friday morning we left for Wellington where we did more youth out reaches and on Sat. morning made it a goal to do street evangelism in downtown Wellington. I had the privilege of talking with several of the interns and giving them tips on how to reach people on the streets. I was so proud of our team for going out solely to find people on the streets they felt God was calling them to witness to. There were some stories of rejection, awkwardness, but also words of encourgpagement and prayers with complete strangers! God is just too cool!

Sunday evening we return to Taupo to run another Primal service where we saw 3 young ladies give their life to the Lord! Yay God!

I have posted videos of some of the things we have been doing (sorry for the lack of quality...it is all I could do from an iPad). Follow this link and you should be able to view them all: http://vimeo.com/38846472

Once again thank you for the prayers and support! Thanks to you youth in NZ are being saved weekly!

1 comment: