Saturday, March 10, 2012

Doesn't Get Any Better....NZ Outreah!

The more I am in NZ the more my heart grows for the people and the culture. The welcoming personalities, yummy candies and bakery pies, extravagant nature, and the relaxed atmosphere has made NZ a place that I would be more than willing to live.

This past week I had the honor of working with C3 Auckland on their Primal tour and out reaches at Auckland University for their young adult program Change. Monday and Tuesday afternoon were spent walking the campus reaching out to students and inviting them to church. I met students from every kind of background. Being able to share my story with atheists was just so much fun! I developed relationships that have continued onto Facebook and planted seeds in lives that I know God will develope in time. Wednesday morning we headed to Hamilton, NZ to launch a new youth ministry to run along side a newly developed C3 congregation. Not sure what to expect my heart was over joyed when I began to engage in conversation with the youth outside of Fairfield college and in a local skate/community center.

I noticed a group of about ten girls by a tree that just moved my spirit. Not knowing a single one of them I sat down and began to just see what they were all about. I quickly noticed the one in the middle rolling up joints for the rest of the group and she very nicely offered me one as well....I told you people from NZ were friendly! Hahaha! I politely turned it down and continued to learn about their background. Being from the urban area of Hamilton they were very involved and aware of gang life. They wanted to know all about America's gang life, if I fought people, how we did things different, and why on earth I would not want to smoke weed with them. Slowly I began to gain their trust and instead of getting "who in the world is this chick" looks they were asking about why I was there and the event we would be doing the next day. As the conversation came to an end they all wanted a flyer and wanted to come to Primal the following night.

Thurs. started out to be a frustrating day. Plans with schools fell through due to gang threats, other locations we had gotten together just were not working out so we decided to step back and pray and figure out what it was God was planning. We went back to the community center where we connected with the director and they gave us a place to set up a BBQ with open arms. Soon the youth were getting out a school but were not really interested in what we had to offer. I saw one of my girls from the previous day and immediately realized that they were there to see a fight between the local gangs. To make a long story short God had put us in the perfect place at the perfect time! If we had been at any other location the kids would have gone right past us because the fight was way more interesting than a BBQ! God had placed us right were everyone wanted to be! As soon as the fight was resolved we had over an hour to reach out to them before the program that night. The end results...112 attended and 9 first time savlations! All glory is to be given to God! Isn't it just like Him to let the situation seem frustrating when the whole time He is placing us right where we need to be! This is a small clip of the Primal Launch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRhLJi4uTJc&sns=em

We will head out to Palmerston and Wellington this week to launch yet another brand new youth ministry where we are expecting to see God move even greater than He did this past week.

Thanks to all who have been supporting me financially and prayerfully! Good has been saving lives and it could not happen without your help!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! This is so awesome Jessie. We love and miss you but are so excited about what God is doing over in NZ!

    ReplyDelete